Sweet Soy Garlic Chicken Wings
One of our favorite homemade chicken wings flavor.
We all know that we can’t resist eating when we see fried chicken wings because of their crispiness and juiciness on the inside. It’s been a while since the last time I ate flavored chicken wings due to this pandemic as we have to stay home and most of the restaurants are closed. I miss the sound of crisp and different flavors or sauces of chicken wings.
Since I have been craving for it, I search for recipes on YouTube, and then I found the recipe of Lian Lim, the sweet soy garlic chicken. I tried her recipe and it tastes so good, the way I like it to be. My family does love it too. We all love the sweet flavor with a little bit of spicy. But if you like it to be spicier, you can add chili powder or chopped chili to the sauce. Check the recipe and instruction below.
Sweet soy garlic chicken
1-kilo chicken wings
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black ground pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup / 100 ml water
Chicken Wing Sauce
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
4 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
Oil for frying
- Marinade the chicken for at least 30 mins to 1 hour with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. (You can also marinate the chicken overnight)
- In a small bowl combine all batter mixture ingredients and mix.
- Pour the batter mixture into the marinade chicken and mix.
- Prepare the pan with oil for frying on medium heat. Fry the chicken for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Once done, double fry the chicken on high heat until it turns golden brown. (Double frying makes it more crispy)
- For the chicken wing sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan on slow heat. Stir it occasionally until it simmers and thickened. (You can also add chili paste or chili powder if you want it spicier)
- Mix the sauce and fried chicken wings until all the chicken is coated with the sauce.
Let us know or comment down below if you tried the recipe.
Thank you and hope that you will also like it!
Stay safe everyone!!!
You may also like. KOREAN TOAST SANDWICH | Korean Street food