Korean Toast Sandwich
Here is another recipe for you to enjoy on these pandemic days, the Korean toast sandwich. I usually see this on Korean street food videos on YouTube and Facebook. It is also one of the popular street food in South Korea and it’s just easy to make.
Korean toast sandwich is perfect for breakfast or brunch. It is a combination of cabbage, carrots, onion, and egg.
I am also a fan of watching Kdramas, seeing their street foods makes me want to visit South Korea but not just for the food. I also like to experience their culture and visit some of the top tourist attractions, especially Nami Island during its fall season. But for now, let’s make first the Korean toast sandwich. Check the recipe and instruction below.
Korean Toast Sandwich Recipe
- 2 sliced bread ( I usually used wheat bread but you can use any sliced bread of your choice)
- butter (for toasting the bread)
- 1/2 cup cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 of white onion, thinly sliced (but you can also use red onion)
- spring onions or onion leaves (thinly sliced)
- 2 eggs
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of salt
- sliced ham
- sliced cheese
- ketchup (optional)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- sugar to taste (white or brown)
Oil for frying the egg mixture.
- Combine eggs, cabbage, carrots, onion, spring onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Preheat the frying pan on medium heat. Add about 1 tablespoon of oil and pour the egg mixture. Cook both sides until the egg mixture was fully cooked. Set aside.
- Fried the ham on medium heat until it was cooked.
- Spread butter on both sides of each sliced bread and toast it using a frying pan over medium heat until both sides are golden. (You can use oven or bread toaster if you have)
- Place the toasted bread on the plate. Add the egg omelet, sprinkle sugar on top. Then add the ham and cheese. Squeeze some ketchup and mayonnaise but this is optional. Then put the other toast bread on top.
But there are many ways of customizing your sandwich. You can add bacon and sliced pickles or you can mix chopped ham on the egg mixture.
Try it now and I know you gonna like it too.
Please let us know or comment down below if you tried the recipe.
Thank you and Stay safe everyone!!!
You may also like. HOMEMADE CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE – Sweet Soy Garlic